May 4, 2012

Paper Flower Pot Thank You Card

The other night I took out my Cricut and began making a card for my school's secretary in honor of Administrative Professionals Day last week.  It's been awhile since I've been crafty, and I forgot how hard it was to decide on which papers to use.  That was at least a 20 minute ordeal as I sifted through my stacks of papers and cardstock trying to find the right pieces.  And then there were the shapes that I had to find on my Cricut catridges.  Do I have the flower pattern?  Yes.  Do I have the flower pot pattern?  Yes.  Do I have the leaves?  Interestingly, none of my catridges have a string of leaves that I wanted to add to the flowers so I ended up going with a vine look.  After a few hours, it was finally done.  The next day I had all my kids sign the inside of the card.

The inspiration of the card came from my room mom who made a similar one for my birthday (seen on her blog A Fresh Take on Paper).  She's such a talented paper crafter. 







No comments:

Post a Comment